Saturday 11 December 2010

More from the USArtQuest napkin kit



The bird is another napkin kit image that I've fixed to one of the ATC boards in the kit.  I used T!m's Elegant Flourish die to create a branch.


This piece was mounted onto a large Nestie 8 die cut that has been painted with Vintage watercolour mica paints.  I mixed one of the paints to a creamy consistancy then wiped my brush around the edges to give a distressed look.  I also painted the border and other background with the same watercolour paints.  I took the photo at a strange angle to catch the shimmery gold paint effect.  The paint set has a gorgeous blue that works perfectly with this napkin that you can't really see in the photo.

I used the Hero Arts cling stamp  CG197 Old Letter on the background.

To prepare the 'topper', cut out design, or if you want a wispy edged piece to collage then use a wet paint brush around the design, it will tear away easily.



Apply the Perfect Paper Adhesive to the board.


Use the sponge to gently remove any creases, use very lightly or the napkin will tear.


Apply glue to the edges of the reverve and fold napkin to the back.


It's an ideal card for any bird or nature lover.

I hope you are having a great weekend, at least it is a bit warmer outside!!

Jill

7 comments:

  1. WOW what fabulous colours Jill, love it:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill I love this... Vintage on the edge!!! You are just so talented!!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. Can't wait to play with my kit. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Napkins come in so many fab designs don't they :) just love how you have used yours :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab use of the humble paper napkin !!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!