Friday 16 July 2010

The challenges have begun!


Yep, you can now join us to enter our new challenge!

Now, a challenge is a challenge, so I gave myself a good one.  I'd cut and embossed some alcohol inked metal sheet with the Regal Crest die from Tim Holtz and some Cuttlebug folders weeks and weeks ago.  Every time I looked at them no ideas came immediately so I'd quickly moved onto other things.   I decided enough was enough with the looking and stroking of the pieces and I got down and finally made a card with them.

Making cards for men can be a challenge at the best of times, but I felt it had to be a male card with a vintage feel. That was OK as then I could use Moonshadow Ink (a blend of walnut ink and mica powder), they were ideal embellishments for a shimmery Moonshadow Ink background!!  I used Incandescent Copper with the scrunch technique.  When it was completely dry I swiped a VersaMark embossing pad lightly over the peaks of the paper then embossed it with gold embossing powder.

I used various vintage wording papers, 2 of the pieces are from a 1925 newspaper, (which we have in the shop).  The central image is part of a cigarette card but would be great swapped for a small photo of the recipient.

The Cuttlebug folders I used were Victoria for the leaves and banner and the Mini Mosaic Texture for the crest. Copper self adhesive nailhead embellishments have been used in the corners.

Products used:








I'm glad that I finally used those pieces to make a card, it's so rewarding completing a challenge.  I hope you will join in with us and perhaps find a challenge for yourself whether it be a simple one or a major project you've been meaning to complete.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

Have fun!!!

Jill

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jill, I love what you created here! My compliments, it's definitely a men's card with the metal stuff, great great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific male card Jill, well actually its a terrific card altogether. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. LOVE all the texture and colors are perfect.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a fantastic male card. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!