Tuesday 19 January 2010

Violin card and box with Mardi Gras Starburst Stains



Another card from Saturday's Create and Craft show.

I love the red and gold sprays in the Mardi Gras set.  I used the gold to add colour to the violin, it is such as rich gold!  The darker background has the dry paper stipple on hammered card, giving it a lovely texture.



I made the box to match, again using the dry paper stipple technique.



I stained the base to match.



I fixed the gold mesh ribbon under the first tabs of the box, adding a little DST at the sides to help keep it in place.



Confession time!  I had a few splodges on the card at back of the base, to hide them I added a square panel that I'd sprayed.



I'll be setting off down to Peterborough shortly, the show will be live at noon tomorrow, on Sky 671 and Freeview 36.  I'll be doing something very different for me!

Jill

4 comments:

  1. Love the card and box Jill. I've just been watching Saturday's show .......... again! Lol!

    Got tomorrow's all set up to records but I hope to watch it live too. You have me intrigued because that's the second time you've mentioned 'doing something very different'. Can't wait to see.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the colours! After watching the last show I have bought a load of spray bottles and put my moonglow and starburst stains into them. It was great - good luck for the next one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. vA wonderful card. I love this set. Used this stamp to make my OH's card today - it's not a patch on this one though.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great box Jill, painting the violin brings it all together beautifully x

    I'll be cheering you on tommoz!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!