Wednesday 27 May 2009

More for Father's Day

Busy day today, lots of mail order to send out, ordering to replenish shelves, and customers visiting. It will be a completely different day tomorrow as we have a Starburst Stain workshop, so time to play!

Another couple of cards here using the Moonshadow Inks. Again both could be Father's Day cards.

The first card shows the blob technique as the border that is a piece of white textured card that looks like leather. The base 6" square base card has been sprayed with Moonshadow Mist. I used postcards from an embellishment pack, one is mounted onto gold and copper mirri card with brads attached. I placed the reverse side of 2 postcards onto the base card, added the peel off border and detail painted the anchor before mounting the main image on top.

The second is a variation of a card I posted a few days ago, made the same way but with a different layout.

Thanks for sticking with me with this Father's Day theme! Only a couple more in the pipeline now:)

Jill x

5 comments:

  1. I cant believe i have these stamps and get so stuck - how on earth do you come up with such fab designs? they look absolutely gorgeous!
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jill

    Yet 2 more super cards & I really love the way you have used the postcards, especially the 2 postcards at the top that you have used the reverse side of.

    Enjoy your playing tomorrow, only wish I lived close enough to join in with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous men's cards. Love the nautical theme. You'll be pleased to know that after your posting with the mica powders plus versamark technique, I've had a go and now I'm hooked. Something I'll be using quite a bit from now on I think. Thank you.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for your comments, I think I'm catching up with them now! Another week flying by...

    I hope these ideas help inspire some ideas for you, that's what they are here for.

    I'm glad you've tried the pigment powders/versamark technique Beryl, I really enjoyed playing with them again myself, it is great to revisit tried and tested techniques and use them with new stamp designs you have.

    That's what I love about rubber stamps, with a bit of playing you can have so many different looks with them, there are so many techniques to try them with, and you find some suit certain techniques more than others.

    I'm waffling again!

    Many thanks

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!